And just like that, 2017 is a wrap! What a ride it has been! Here at Kick Ash Products we have had a crazy busy year, including:
- Moving into our very own kitchen in May
- Opening our brand new retail space on Memorial Day
- Traveling (and finding culinary inspiration) in Norway and Sweden
- Sending our second daughter off to her first year of college
- Beginning to offer gluten-free bakery at our retail space
- Getting to know our many wonderful customers that come from all areas of the country, and all walks of life!
It truly has been an incredible year, and we would like to thank all of you for making this possible. One of the blessings of having a retail space that we weren't anticipating was all of the interactions with our customers! Not a day went by that we didn't find ourselves once again astonished by the incredible people who put Door County Love granola on their table, and Kick Ash Coffee in their cup.
We would also like to thank our four wonderful children for all of their love and support. It can't be easy being known as the granola kids!
As 2017 ends, it is important to look to the future: and boy, do we have a lot of big and exciting plans for 2018!
- Change is coming! Keep an eye out for our brand new packaging that will be launched sometime this year.
- We are working on getting UPC codes for all of our products to streamline the retail experience.
- We will also be expanding our product lines! Stay tuned for a brand new Paleo granola line, as well as a limited release of a Mango Macadamia Granola (yum!)
We hope that all of you were able to bring in the New Year with people who add light and love to your life. Here in Door County we attended the first annual Cherry Drop in Sister Bay - my 83 year old mother dragged my husband and I out to attend. Even below zero weather couldn't stop this woman! She is amazing. It was cold outside but hearts were warm as our community rang in the New Year together under the stars.
Our retail space in Ellison Bay will be closing its doors during this winter, in order to allow us to improve the Kick Ash experience. Don't get too worried though, we will be back this spring, and we will still be offering our products through various retail outlets which can be found under the "Where to Purchase" tab - and online of course. In the meantime get out and enjoy the beautiful Door County winter! This incredible peninsula that we call home boasts some of what we consider to be the most beautiful winter hiking around. You can check out the ice shoves, snowy evergreen forests, and wide open water views. Don't miss out!
Also don't forget to sign up for emails, Facebook, and Instagram to stay updated on specials and online sales!
Once again, we thank you all for your continued love and support. We are continuously honored and humbled by our community and our customers. We hope that you celebrate your 2017 triumphs, forget your 2017 failures, and join us in welcoming this New Year with open arms and an open heart.
Be well and do well,
Carol and Christian Ash and family.