You know it's been a crazy year when it's been almost an exact year since I wrote a blog post! Here's the short version of the last year:
- We got notice that our current kitchen had been sold.
- We searched for a new place and cried a little bit.
- Island Orchard Cider agreed to work with us on putting a kitchen and small retail space in their newly acquired building.
- Oh the permits, and craziness of putting in a kitchen ourselves. My husband worked hard on it all winter long (with help from some VERY good friends and the patience of Island Orchard Cider.) Meanwhile I cried a little bit more at how frustratingly slow things were going. I couldn't wait to be in the new space.
- We moved into the new kitchen and got licensed on March 31, 2017 .
- I took my last box out of the previous kitchen, I shut the door, marched up the steps and I swear I heard "Chariots of Fire" playing! It was a very liberating moment and a moment I will never forget. I knew that this new kitchen was going to be a fantastic new beginning and I cried happy tears!
- We started filling orders immediately out of the kitchen and continued to work on the retail space.
- Memorial weekend 2017 we opened our doors to customers. We weren't really ready but we figured it out!
- With the help of my wonderful family and our superwoman employee Britt, we had our first tourism season in the books.
- We listened to those that came in and as the season progressed we added cups of coffee for sale, a place to sit outside and our own gluten free baked goods.
- We are committed to bringing nutritious, gluten free products as well as products that are dairy-free and grain free as much as we can.
- We made it!
So here we are approaching the season of thanks. We are truly and humbly thankful for all of the orders, the visits and most importantly the very kind words you have spoken to us. From November 5-25 all online customers will receive a 15% discount by typing in the word THANKS in the promo code box. For our local customers keep up to date on our Facebook and Instagram pages to find out when we will be having sales during the holidays.
Thank you again for all you have done to make this year a success and helping us KICK ASH!
Christian and Carol Ash and Family